Porto Alegre, Brazil
July, 14-18, 2020
Deadline for submission of abstracts (max. 300 words) is September 30, 2019
We are delighted to invite you to submit your abstracts to the forthcoming sessions on organizational sociology at 4th ISA Forum of Sociology. The ISA Forum of Sociology of the International Sociological Association offers a unique forum to discuss current developments with a global scholarship. The Research Committee on Sociology of Organizations (RC17) will host the following 13 sessions on a broad variety of organization-related topics:
- Collaborative Management between State Organizations and Civil Society
- Democratizing Public Health Organization within Authoritarian Society: Global South Contribution
- Governing Value(s) and Organizing through Standards
- Organization and Decision: Implications for Organization Theory
- Organization and Migration: Current Entanglements
- Organized Collective Action: Building Bridges from Social Movements and Formal Organizations
- Professional Occupations and Organization.
- Quantification and Organizations
- Realist and Critical Perspectives on Organizational Theory and the Autonomous Brazilian Tradition
- Research in Sociology of Organizations Today: Contributions from Latin América
- Sociology of Organizations: Contributions from Latin América
- The Continuing Relevance of Bureaucratic Organization
- The Relevance of Meta-Organizations
There will be an additional session "Writing for Publication in Organization Studies”. In this session at least two experienced organizational sociologists, Paul du Gay (Copenhagen Business School) and Robert van Krieken (University of Sydney), will outline the most important aspects of their experience of writing for the publication in organization studies, and they will provide helpful advice in response to questions that session participants raise about difficulties and obstacles thay they might have encountered. Anyone interested in publishing organizational sociology is welcome to attend this session and engage in discussion with the presenters (no application needed).
The call for abstracts for each session can be found here: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2020/webprogrampreliminary/Symposium583.html
For more information about the 4th ISA Forum of Sociology, please visit: https://www.isa-sociology.org/en/conferences/forum/porto-alegre-2020
Hope to see you in Porto Alegre!